Translate

First Week

So we did it, we survived the first week of summer.  There were definitely moments where I wished school was back in session, but I think I enjoy sleeping in, so I think I can handle two months of summer.  Our first summer break decision was to head off to the dinosaur park to play and eat ice cream.


"Mom, can we pretend that we're afraid of the dinosaurs?"
Davin went down the slide, and landed on his butt, he decided he'd had enough and wanted to chill instead.



In an effort to calm the "I'm Bored's" that I was getting I took the kids to the bowling ally.  Turns out they had a promotional gig going that gives all the school aged kiddos a free game, and shoe rental every day for the duration of the summer!  After a rousing game of bowling we went to the library and signed up for the reading program, which earned each of the kiddos a free shirt.



I took the kiddos cherry picking at a friends house.  The tree was so big, that even on a ladder we couldn't reach the cherries, so we had to use the roof of the car.  I added two extra kids, who wanted to come home with us to play, and went strawberry picking.  then we went home, and the 6 kids played the afternoon away.  Those same kids came over again the next day to enjoy the company of my kiddos. 


We took the kids to see Maleficent.....


 Davin found my glitter stash, and did what any 4 year old would do......


 A friend posted a picture online of her kids nautical themed room, and she had something similar on her son's door.  Davin is obsessing over pirates lately, so I made my own version.  He loves it.



We enjoyed a first week of summer barbecue.....


And enjoyed my rose bush.  Believe it or not, last year, this bush which was this big didn't produce ANY flowers.  We figured it was a dud bush, so we cut it down almost to the roots with the plan to dig it up in the spring.  It grew back, and is producing so many flowers, we're going to need to cut it back again.  So pretty!

The kids have been reading, playing, and making friends.  I've been reading cleaning, and trying to keep the house clean with all the kids home, while planning a surprise vacation for the kids.  They'll be so excited when they discover where we're going!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a busy and FUN summer for you guys! :)