Translate

Günzburg

Tim is taking some time off each month this summer so we can go and do some fun things with the kiddos. For June we decided to surprise the kids with a trip to Legoland.  We told them that we were driving out to a hotel so we could just have a little time away, and that we'd visit a museum that was similar to the one we went to around Christmas time.  We didn't let them know anything about Legoland, because hey, why not see if we can surprise them.  The drive wasn't too bad, about 3 hours.  We checked into an awesome little hotel.  I would stay there again.  It was small, but fit our family just perfectly, and was located in a perfect little courtyard filled with ice cream shops, out door cafe's and fountains.  It was also a 10 minute drive from Legoland.  


The kiddos were thrilled to have bunk beds to sleep on.





Some of the cafe's out our window.




We went walking around to find a place to eat, and decided on a Pizza place that was a few blocks from the hotel. It was tucked far back into an alley.  It wasn't very busy, so we thought it would be the best option for a crew of kids.


Spezi, I've decided that I love it.  It's a combination of cola and orange, and it's quite delicious.  I end up getting it everywhere we go.




After a dinner, that was just so/so we found an ice cream shop and treated ourselves for some more spaghetti ice cream.  The kiddos tried a smurf flavored (bright blue) cone.  It was an interesting night, trying to get us all go to sleep.  Davin especially wasn't too keen to fall asleep right away, however eventually everyone was out, and Tim and I were excitedly planning our surprise for the kids, who thought that we'd stay in the hotel all day to watch movies......

No comments: