Translate

Bloggity Blog

I'm in the blogging mood! We haven't done much around here, but I still feel like blogging! So I guess I'll start with injuries!

Two weeks ago, I got a call from the school. Corben fell on the playground and bit his tongue. The secretary said he was bleeding all over the place, and she thought I should take him to the doctor. I picked him up, took a look and saw a nice jagged looking cut on his tongue, but it wasn't bleeding, so I just took him home. I called the doc, and just asked for advice. Well, they went ahead and made an appointment. I'm so glad they did, because only a few minutes later, after trying to eat something, he started bleeding all over again. He'd opened it up, and it was DEEP. We did go to the doctor, who'd never seen a cut that deep (yet) in a tongue. So she sent us to the ENT to determine whether or not stitches were necessary. They weren't. He told us to put Corben on a liquid diet for a day, and it should heal quickly. Which it did, but it was still gross. I have pictures, but I'm not sure if I want to disrupt everyone's stomachs!

Two days ago, Tayzia was running around the house. She tripped and started to scream. You see, she was running with a baby fork in her hand. Her lip was bleeding. Then I saw the inside of her mouth was bleeding too. I'm thinking that she actually pierced her lip! Now before you go getting all worried. It was a baby fork, as in probably less than half a centimeter wide, so it was really mostly like a poke. Within minutes the bleeding stopped, and she's not even bothered by it. Still, hopefully she learned her lesson!

Rylissa accidentally smashed Davin's fingers in the bathroom door. Not the part by the doorknob, the part by the hinges. She actually managed to close the door completely, on his fingers, and then couldn't open it again because of the doorknob child protector I have on it. Davin was screaming, Rylissa was scared (I think she thought the wrath of mom would come forth). However, somehow we all stayed calm, and Davin is fine. It broke the skin, and I was worried about the fingernail, but in the end all is well. You can't even tell. Poor girl felt awful though..... :(

So, I think we've filled our quota for unusual injuries for the month. So I'll be knocking on wood, and we'll see how the rest of the month goes!

1 comment:

Aubrey said...

Okay that just makes my stomach church! All of it! Bodily injury is something I FEAR for my kids, and I hope I can cope as calmly as you when it happens!