Translate

So Much and So Little

So.
I have a lot to blog about. I also have a ton of wonderful pictures I want to blog about.... however blogger doesn't want to upload ANY of my pictures, which kind of ticks me off a little.
I have great pictures of homemade donuts.... a house made entirely of cardboard...... Rylissa and a toilet brush... need I say more?
So, I have just under a week to get these wonderful pictures onto this site, or I won't be able to for a long time! Next week I'm on my merry way to UT. I will be spending close to a month there with family while Tim heads off to do his Immersion for the RAS program.
Speaking of which here's the dealy-o:
Tim has spent the last 6 months learning French. Okay, not just learning, I would say assimilating might be the more appropriate word. When they started they were told that it was going to be like learning four years of College French, in six months time. He ate, breathed, drank french. His radio was tuned to French radio so he could be listening non stop. He did hours of French homework every single night and weekend. It was brutal. He was home, but I didn't see much of him with all the studying. Anyway, last week was test week. He had to speak to a group, read and translate, and then translate something he would hear. They were not easy, they were long, and Tim passed every one! He was really nervous about the listening one. He has a harder time with that than the others. I am so PROUD of him though, six months to get fluent, is not a long time! Now he just has to graduate, then they send him to live in country, where he will probably do some embassy work, but mostly just 'be' and use his language. He starts in Belgium for about 9 or so weeks, then (stinker) heads off to PARIS for the rest of his time. He'll be gone just close to three months. So I'll spend some of that time in UT chilling with old friends (can't wait) family (again, can't wait) and hopefully just have a grand old time! I'm not sure what kind of camera/computer I will be using, so blogging will probably be at a minimum. That's okay though, then when I get back I'll have TONS to blog about... assuming of course that blogger works.

No comments: