Translate

Christmas Eve

I think it was during my teenage years, my family started a tradition that someday I hope to adopt. We were a gaming family. I mean board games, not video games! Anyway, every Christmas Eve, we'd open a family board game and play it that night. Someday I plan to do that with my kids, when they're older and understand the games more. So for now, every Christmas Eve we open a new pair of pajamas. Not very original, but the kids enjoy it. Anyway the kids opened their packages, and put the new jammies on promptly.
Don't we all look snazzy in our new bedroom attire?
After getting in jammies, we loaded into the car to go look at the Christmas decorations around the base. When we saw a home worth remembering we pulled over and Tim took the photos. We had people looking out their windows at us, I'm sure wondering what in the world we were doing staring at their homes, but it was really fun. We loved the Santa in the helicopter on the runway here....
And who doesn't love a rockin' Santa?
We came home and pulled out our Christmas stories. We read the Polar Express
And daddy read the Night Before Christmas. Then we explained the rules that Santa has set forth. You go to bed, close your door. You do not come out of your room. And when you wake up in the morning, you come to mommy and daddy's room, jump on the bed yelling "It's Christmas, It's Christmas, wake up mommy and daddy!".
"Rylissa, are you excited for Christmas?"
"What about you Corben?"
And here we have our setup, before it's destroyed by the little tykes. Over here is the family/Corben station......
And here's Rylissa's station.
And here's the magic tree with Tayzia's portion of Christmas goodies. Time for Santa and Mrs. Clause to go to bed!

No comments: