Translate

EMS Christmas Party

For the last two years, basically since we got here, we've been part of the 18 AMXS. It's a huge squadron, and the Christmas parties are rowdy. They're crowded, they're noisy, and man they are fun. This year, just a few months ago, Tim was moved into a new position in EMS. I know one person in this new squadron, because she was in our branch before we had the big boundary change. So I was nervous to go. This squadron is quite big, and even though I'd like to think of myself as an outgoing, social person, I am also very shy. It ended up being a smaller party than I'm used to, the crowd wasn't nearly as noisy and rowdy as I'm used to (which makes it a lot of fun. I mean it's fun watching people slowly drink themselves into a stupor, and be so happy that we don't have to worry about finding a DD!), but it was still fun and here's why..... Of course just being out with my hubby made the night fun, but this guy helped! This is the DJ they hired for this event. I don't know his name, but man was he funny. The WHOLE evening, he had control of that microphone. He entertained us, made fun of us, made sure we all knew who went back through the buffet line more than twice. He noticed the tallest people, the shortest people, the best dressed people. He was just funny.
It's not a very good picture, but this is the first chocolate fountain I've ever had the privilege to see. They had plates with pretzels, marshmallows, pineapple, and bananas next to it. I went up once to try it, and covered a banana, marshmallow, and a pretzel. Now let me tell you, when they give you skewers to make it easier, pretzels don't work! It was very difficult to cover a pretzel with a fountain of chocolate, without using your hands. I succeeded, but made a mess on my plate! Oh well, it was still very tasty.

Of course the best part of the night was just being out with my hubby. We don't take enough time for ourselves these days, so spending 5 hours away from all children was as much relaxing, as it was fun.
They out did themselves on gifts. There was a giant table filled with donated gifts, and a 42" LCD TV! We bought a decent set of raffle tickets and sat back and waited. Like everyone else we wanted to win that TV! While we didn't end up with that grand prize, we did win ourselves a nice tabletop fountain (which by the way it turns out both Tim and I have been eyeing at the store, but neither of us said anything, so we never bought it!) The party was themed "Nightmare before Christmas", which I happen to adore, and I also won a Nightmare themed makeup bag. Yay for me, it will go nicely with my Zero slippers Tim bought me years ago!
We had a nice night, and are enjoying our last Christmas in Okinawa. It's a bittersweet holiday this year, knowing that this time next year we will be some place new, but not knowing where.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Merry Christmas! You guys look so cute and happy! You look adorable. I have to say I love the chocolate fountains too even if they are a mess.

Christina said...

How fun! I love Christmas parties, and especially the company gifts!! You guys look great! Merry Christmas!