Oh it is true, my home has become a terrible horror story! There is a zombie in my home. It's grumpy, mean, and so ornery so much of the time. My poor kids have had to be a witness to this horrible creature for some time now. I think I need some help in figuring out how to banish this creature from our midst.
The zombie is me!
I think I've finally had enough! Tazers is the sweetest baby I think I've ever met. She's the most well tempered baby I know I've ever met. Half of my friends still have never seen her cry. The other half have seen her cry, but only because she's been hungry, or hurt. I however have the task of having to wake up with her during the night. Usually that wouldn't be a problem, except Tayzia has the terrible fortune to wake up no less than 5 times a night. She's not a newborn, she's almost 9 months old, and I'm starting to become horribly run down. I'm not sure what to do about this. Last night alone she was up 4 times by 2 a.m. If I could just give her a bottle and then return to my room, it wouldn't be a problem, but no, I have to not only feed her, but rock her back to sleep. Many times this adventure will last up to an hour, leaving me with very little sleep on a very regular basis. I was so tired of it last night that I just let her cry, which is hard for me to do. She shares a room with Rylissa, and it's not fair to keep Lissa up that way. I was just so frustrated. Anyway, I let her cry for about ten minutes, and at that point she was shrieking so bad it almost made me cry. There has got to be a way to train or teach her to sleep through the night. So here is my plea to anyone reading this. Do you have any ideas on how I can teach my baby to sleep longer periods of time? I don't care at this point if I have to get up once a night, or even twice. Anything is better than 5-6 times! I think I'll do whatever I need to in order to get some sleep. I think my family is tired of my zombie like attributes!
4 comments:
I feel your pain! (At least a little bit) Josh is also 9 months and has started waking up 3-4 times a night! I think at this age they realize that mommy still exists even when they can't see her. I remember going through it with Rachel too. I have no idea what to tell you to do, but just wanted to say I feel for you and hope you can figure something out soon!
I can understand what you are going through also! At about 9 months Ellie was still doing the same and Rob decided enough was enough. A friend heard about our sleepless nights and dropped the book "BabyWise" off on our door step. We both read it and basically it talked about setting a schedule (although a flexible one). I decided that we would give it a try, but we took at least 2 weeks easing her into the new schedule of feeding and sleeping. There was some crying, but Rob would go in at night and soothe her back to sleep. Neither of us could stand to just let her completely cry it out and so we compromised on a gentler approach. I am thankful that Rob was on board and willing to get up with her, because I had a hard time with the crying and I know if I went in she would just want to nurse. If you haven't read that book already, I would give it a try. Other than that, all I can say is that sometimes the baby does need to cry a little to figure things out. Good luck!
My poor baby! I didn't know you were up so much! I wish I lived closer so I could babysit and let you nap in the day!
Call me!
Love,
Mom
So, has anything worked? For the past 2 nights I have kept Josh awake for a long time before bed!! He was awake 5-10 cause we were at Lagoon and slept all night! Last night he was awake from about 4-8 and slept until 5. It's so much better! I realized I just needed to get him exhausted. I hope you're getting more sleep!
Post a Comment