Translate

July



We were still in TLF on the fourth of July, and were still getting our bearings.  I mean, not much had changed since we were last here, but we weren't sure of what to do, and where to go.  So we decided to take a trip down the road to the Knotty Shop.  I was actually a little disappointed when we got there, because I seemed to remember it as a cute little shop filled with unique items, and delicious ice cream.  The ice cream was there, but the shop was jam packed full of the same stuff we saw everywhere else.  It seemed a bit more touristy, and less unique than I remember it.  The knotty sculptures were still there!


Tayzia lost another tooth......

Then we got to move into our house!  Fun fact, this house, is the same house that was occupied by our maintenance commander when we were here the first time!  And believe it or not, I still haven't actually taken a picture of our house... I need to get on top of that!


Our new washer and dryer were finally delivered, and so far I absolutely LOVE them.  The only thing that would have made them better, was if they were cherry red.






I got to run my first 5k since I had my surgery.  My ankle is better than ever, and I had so much fun. We threw powder at each other, then as we were running we got sprayed by tons of volunteers trying to make us look more like rainbows.  I have started running in the mornings with some ladies that live around me, and while I'm terribly slow, I'm getting better each time we go out.  I can't wait to run another one!



Tim put together an AR-15, and Rylissa helped.  Then the two of them went off to the gun range and practiced with it.  Rylissa sure likes to try anything.  Apparently she was a pretty good shot!

With Col. Culver.  His wife Amy and I go running with our other friend Karyn every morning.  Good people!





We had a new commanders briefing one morning where all the commanders went off into one room, and all the spouses went off into another.  We discussed the mission of the base, talked about the conditions at Eielson, and  then went off on a little bit of a tour.  We got to go to the flightline and take pictures with one of the jets, and then it was off to the indoor gun range.  We were given the chance to shoot the different guns.  We shot zombie's, and crazy turkeys that came at us with butcher knives.  Fun stuff!

No comments: