Translate

August

August started off with a bang when we finally got our stuff from Germany!  We were so excited to see this truck, especially after we had learned that one of the ships that had stuff from Germany (some of our friends things) caught fire.  Many things were damaged and destroyed.  We're so grateful our stuff made it to us unscathed.... well until we unpacked and discovered many damaged and broken items.  Grrrr  we're still waiting on our claim to be finalized.  Anyway our stuff came!  Wahoo!!!!




We went to a friends home for dinner one Sunday evening.  We were inside chatting, and getting to know each other when we heard a lot of screaming.  The kids had all gone outside to play, and everything seemed fine, until this screaming started.  Long story..... Tayzia got stung by a wasp.   The worst part was that the wasp flew into her skirt and got stuck there, so as I was trying to see how her finger was, the stupid thing stung her again and again.  She was screaming and freaking out and I was trying to get her skirt off to get the wasp out.  It was scary for her, and hilarious for anyone watching her, because she kept trying to run out of the bathroom in her underpants.  The poor girl got stung three times.  She gets very nervous around anything that flies and buzzes now.






The kids started school.  It was so exciting for all of them, but most of all Davin who started Kindrgarten.  Corben is in 7th, Rylissa 6th, and Tayzia 3rd.










I was given an awesome opportunity to take a flight with the tankers while they were refueling aircraft during Red Flag.  It was so much fun.  I knew that tankers could refuel jets during flight, but I'd never actually seen it done.  I got a first hand view, and even got to use the controls (not while a jet was anywhere near us).  It was so much fun!

No comments: