First, the squadron set up a fundraiser, and it was so clever. We didn't advertise it well enough though, so I think the next time we do it, we'll have a better turn out. We had some photographers bring their camera's and do family photo shoots for a ridiculously cheap price.
We of course got ours done, and these were our favorites!
Then we had our group children's Christmas Party. We spent a lot of time planning it, and it turned out to be a big success!

This catapult was by far, the favorite game of the kids. It was awesome! I wish our squadron had come up with that idea!
Santa came....
Then it was Tayzia's turn for some fun.
Tayzia had some artwork she did chosen, out of all the second graders in her school. It is being displayed through April at the Mayors office in Fairbanks. She got a certificate, and then there was a little ceremony at the Mayors office, and she got her picture taken with him, and this certificate. She was so excited. Her teacher and principal also came to celebrate with her. Do you want to know that sad thing? It was so crowded, we didn't get a chance (partially due to whining kids) to actually find her artwork, so I STILL don't know what it looks like. I need to go back and find it.
We decorated for Christmas.......
Davin turned 6! He was so excited all day to open his presents. the poor kid had to wait until after bedtime because Rylissa had a concert, and dad had a class. We FINALLY got to open presents and have cake (that Rylissa again offered to make).
Rylissa had her first choir, and orchestra concert. She surprised us this year when she joined the choir. She has always told me she doesn't like to sing, but she jumped in feet first. She also begged to learn the violin. I agreed wholeheartedly, especially when I was able to buy a used violin that was in perfect condition for $20 at a garage sale. Yeah, seriously! Lucky deal for us.
It got dark. Seriously dark. I don't notice it as much this time around because I'm often out and about, so when the sun is up, I usually see enough of it, that the darkness doesn't bother me. This picture was taken around 9:45 in the morning. The sun still isn't up.
We got to go to another ALS (Airman Leadership School) graduation. This one was cool because the guy graduating from our squadron is also a volunteer at the Thrift Shop, so it was extra fun to cheer him on.
We had our squadron Christmas party. I was super excited for this, because it's been over five years since we'd been a part of an actual squadron. I joined up with the booster club to help with the decorations, and any planning they needed help with. It was fun. We spent a good portion of the day decorating the club, and then had a fantastic time. We got a ton of prizes to give away, and each of our flights made special flight baskets to be raffled off throughout the night. We also had a fundraiser where people chipped in money to get people to wear costumes for a part of the night. There was also an ugly sweater contest, and our 1st counselor of the bishopric really should have won the thing, I mean, his sweater (the green one with the bells placed in just the right spot) was awesome. I wish the picture could have shown when he started to play jingle bells.... on his jingle bells.
Then we built a pyre on Moose Lake..... yep, on the frozen lake so we could do this....
yep, we had a bonfire on the frozen lake! It was pretty awesome. We had a large gathering of families that came to enjoy the weirdness, and coolness of it. At one point you could hear the ice making noise..... it's a little odd to hear it crackling, but know that it's so thick you won't actually fall in.































No comments:
Post a Comment