'Tis the season for children's Christmas parties. I will admit, now that I have four kids in school, I dread classroom parties. They are so hard to work around, and it seems they always seem to land on the same day. Then you have to usually provide something for the class to help with the party, and it adds up. Add to that all the other parties, and responsibilities outside of school, and it just adds so much stress to the season. Now that my ba humbug moment is over, let's get on with the class parties.
Davin had his party first. I wasn't sure how PSCD classes do parties, but this was just perfect. There are only seven kids in the class, so there weren't a gazillion parents and kids running around. They started class off as usual, when Santa showed up. Davin had never met Santa. I hadn't bothered trying to find a Santa for pictures in California, and didn't want to pay for pictures here, so we just never introduced the two. He, of course, was shy, but did sit on the lap, and tell him what he wanted for Christmas. He graciously accepted his candy cane, and was ready for the next step in the party, which was an activity. Davin chose to make a gingerbread house.
I didn't get to stay long with him, I had to get to physical therapy, but we were able to create a beautiful house. Many of the decorations made it into his mouth, and I think that was the best part of the party for him.
The very next day was Tayzia's class party. The point of the party was to make..... gingerbread houses.... sigh. She had so much fun being a designer. She ate far less decorations than Davin did, but I'm pretty sure several strings of licorice ended up in her mouth. Silly girl. She introduced me to all her friends, showed me how her classroom worked, and had a great time. I was happy I got to go and be with her.
Just before Christmas we had a Stake Temple day. I was so excited to go back to the temple, but this time with other families from the ward. We made a bargain with another family to trade off babysitting. There is a small church building just up the path from the temple, and we rented out the basement for our ward. We got there very early and watched the kids from one family so they could go, then they watched our kids so we could go through. It was absolutely perfect, and it was peaceful, and just what we needed to get ready for Christmas.
We managed to get a family photo in front of the temple..... not easily. I'm pretty sure Rylissa is wearing her grump face. They were all anxious to get home. Maybe next time we'll have happier faces. (To be fair, it was pretty cold outside.)






No comments:
Post a Comment