Translate

Going Home

During our last night on the cruise, I got some sort of stomach bug, and I'll just say, it wasn't my favorite part of the cruise.  Luckily for me however, it was a quick bug, and by morning I was probably about 75%.  Since I was up so late, we slept a little later than planned, and we weren't able to get breakfast.  I don't think we would have gotten breakfast anyway though, because we had priority disembarking, and that was supposed to happen around 8:30 in the morning.  We double checked our room, made sure we had everything we owned, and left to go to the ship theater where we eventually disembarked the ship.  We followed the signs, found our luggage, made our way out of the customs building into the pouring rain.  We ran to find cover, which we did, while Tim went to pick up the car.  Just like that, we were on our way home.







For most of our drive it was raining, but there was a time when the rain was pretty severe.  It was slightly terrifying for me, but if Tim was nervous, I couldn't tell.  I guess it was lucky I still wasn't allowed to drive long distances.  Since it was raining so hard, I wasn't able to get very good pictures of much.  I tried though.  We stopped after a few hours to grab a bite at our first Italian McDonalds.  I wasn't quite ready to try eating greasy food, so it was perfect, because I dislike McDonalds food.  The kids were happy though, so it's great.












 We stopped at a resort called Edelweiss, which was beautiful.  It featured a fun little pool where the kids went swimming almost immediately.  Davin was still having issues with water, so after I tried to get him in the pool, he and I went upstairs, changed, and then got ourselves a hot chocolate.  The kids and Tim swam for close to two hours, then we all had dinner in the hotel buffet.  The food was surprisingly delicious, and everyone found something they enjoyed.






One thing we realized, after a day of driving, and swimming, and hanging around off of a ship, was that we kept having this feeling of swaying.  I guess our bodies were so used to being on a ship, that they continued to feel that way.   It took me several days before I stopped feeling like I was rocking. The beds in the hotel were so soft, and so comfortable, and I felt 100% by the time I woke up, even with the rocking.  We hopped in the car, and finished our drive home.  We made it back just in time to send Rylissa off to her gymnastics class.

It was a long trip.  Two days to drive down, 7 days on a ship, and 2 more days driving home.  We had an amazing time, but it was a very long time to be on a trip.  I know we've done longer, but it was different because we were moving.  So it was really nice to be making our way home, and when we were able to pick up our dog, and go into our house, there was nothing but peace.  I'm so grateful for the chance to go on this amazing trip, and I'm so grateful to be home.  I can't wait to see what other wonderful trips we will be able to take in the future.


No comments: