Translate

Happy New Year!!!

We decided to try and be fun this year for New Years Eve, and so I blew up ballons and put a time on them starting at 5:00 and ending at midnight.  Each balloon had a different activity inside, and so the kids would take turns popping them to find out what we were going to do.  I tried to capture it all in pictures, but got lazy, so I only have a few.  You'll have to read the rest!




Corben started us off with 5:00
"Dinner time!  Chicken, Chinese, maybe a sandwich too.  Eat up, it's a long night!"




Rylissa got the 6:00 time slot.
"Play a game!  Guillotine, or maybe some Munchkin Fu  Choose one and have fun." 


We ended up playing a rousing game of Super Munchkin, which was great fun.  We love our Munchkin games.


Tayzia was 7:00
"It's time for special friends.  Let's get on Skype and see who's there."

Turns out Keira was on Skype waiting for Rylissa.  We love that they can still see each other even though we're all so far away.  They taught each other how to make different things on their Rainbow Looms.


Davin's turn for 8:00

"Movie Time!  Let's find something fun and have popcorn too."

We watched Night at the Museum 2, and skipped the popcorn.  Mom only has enough energy at night to do a few things at a time!


At 9:00 we all started over, so Corben popped the next one.
"I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream.... cones, sundaes or floats, pick your poison."

We all enjoyed some ice cream while finishing the movie.

10:00
"Pajama Time, and some fireworks"


I picked up some German fireworks, and since I waited until New Years Eve morning, there wasn't much to choose from, that was small.  I just grabbed this pack, and it turns out all they were, were noise makers.  Nothing that lit up, or shot anything out of it.  So we lit a few up, then promptly got bored with noise, and went back inside.  Shortly after this Davin had enough, and CHOSE to go to bed.

11:00
"It's almost time, let's play another game until it's time to celebrate!"

The kiddos played a Wii game while mom and dad retreated upstairs.  To tell the truth, I was done at this point and more than ready to head to bed.  Tayzia passed out, and Tim put her to bed.

12:00
"Happy New Year!"


The kiddos ran upstairs yelling at us that there was a bunch of noise.  Sure enough the entire neighborhood went up in excited, firework, New Years glory.  I've never seen a show like this on a New Years night.  It was insane, and noisy.  We were surprised none of the kids woke up.  It went on for almost an hour.  Neighbors, the base, all over the place, booms, bangs, and lights.  Next year I'll get on top of things and get some good fireworks to play around with.  It was a super fun night, and we all slept really really late the next morning!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The balloon idea is FANTASTIC!!! You should put this on Pinterest! What a fun way to spend the night--glad you had some great family fun!