Translate

Projects

The kiddos have been in school for just a little over a month now, and they both have had what I consider pretty big projects they've had to do.  




Rylissa had to create an imaginary island that had 5 land forms on it.  She then had to create a model of it, label the land forms, write a paper that explains what life is like on her island and how the landforms were created.  She enjoyed creating the island, and coloring it.  She spent a lot of time on the phone with her grandma discussing how different land forms are created (it helps having a grandmother that taught all kinds of science!!!!)  She was quite proud of her model, and the story she wrote about her island was fun.  She's really creative.  I haven't heard back yet how well she did, she still hasn't had the time to present the model to the class.  I have no doubt that she'll get a good grade on it, she worked really hard.


(her land forms were a volcano, a cave, a canyon, plains, and a glacier lake)



Corben had to create an edible cell, label all the parts, and then answer a bunch of questions comparing and contrasting, and deducing how scientists use models to learn about things.  Honestly, the hardest part of this was answering the questions.


 He turns it in today, and can't wait to share the giant cookie with a couple of his classmates at lunch time.  I hope he can remember all the names of the parts of the cell, cause I think he's being tested on them!



No comments: