Translate

And.... He's Gone

So this past Saturday I had the opportunity to drop Tim off at the airport.  Yeah, he's gone again.  It's not so terrible, this time he's only gone for a little under 3 months, so it really isn't too bad.  I do not, however, like to watch him go (unless he's wearing a certain brand of jeans......).  I especially do not like it when the kids have to watch him go.  They all react very differently to a house without Daddy.  Rylissa cries a lot at first, especially as Daddy is walking away.  That's always hard to see.  Corben acts out.  He gets really moody, and refuses to do anything because "I miss daddy, and I can't do that without Daddy".  Tayzia and Davin, well they are both still kind of clueless, but Davin was EXTREMELY clingy both Saturday and Sunday, and that was kind of hard, because I have my own reactions to when Tim leaves.  I have to adjust to all of a sudden having NO adult contact whatsoever!  When he's gone, my adult conversations go from at least once a day, to once or twice a week!  So adjustment for me takes a couple days, usually a couple days of serious cleaning of something.  Then I'm back to normal, and life goes on, and I rent movies I probably wouldn't watch with him.  Normally I get a bag of cookies, or eat some chocolate, but I'm trying really really really hard to cut back, especially with Halloween knocking down the door.  So cookies and chocolate are banned from the house until further notice  (which in my head usually lasts forever, but in reality only a couple days).

So for fun the kids and I made Halloween cookies (those don't count, they weren't for us) and gave them to our favoritest of neighbors.  We made a bunch of paper airplanes for church, you heard me, for church.  It was awesome.  We rented Mulan, which the kids had never seen and watched it with popcorn.  Basically we're trying to have fun and taking it all one day at a time.

No comments: