Translate

Parks

A day after we picked up the new scooters, we went off for a picnic lunch, and duck feeding at Barnes Park in Kaysville.  The kids have never fed ducks before.  They've fed Koi, but not ducks.  We lunched right next to a playground, and it was surprising the kids didn't want to play on the playground for very long, so we introduced them to duck feeding.






 After the successful duck feeding, we pulled out the scooters, and off the kids went.  There is a large loop of sidewalk that we sent them off on.  I followed Tayzia, and Grandpa offered to stay behind with Davin.






Davin, however, did not want to stay behind.  He wanted to chase the kids on the scooters.  So, off he went running as fast as those little legs could carry him.


Barnes park was such a success with the kids, that a few days later we traveled the backroads to a park I'd never been to in Syracuse.  It was called Syracuse Nature Park.  There are no playground things, but there were ducks, and a large loop, over a mile, that people use to ride their bikes on.  So my parents packed up their bikes, and the kids scooters and we hustled on down.  I used my dad's bike.  Tayzia did really well, She went almost half way around before her little legs were just too tired to continue.  My mom's bike had a big basket in the back that can support a good amount of weight, so we plopped her, and her scooter in the basket, and she got a free ride.


Meanwhile, Davin hung out with Grandpa, ducks, and geese.


When we got back from our ride we all spent some time feeding the animals.



We went through all our duck bread, and packed it in, and as we were getting everyone ready to load up, Davin and Corben started rough housing.  Davin ended up falling, and hit the side of his face on the trailer hitch of my dad's truck.  He ended up with a nasty bruise on the side of his face.  Several tears later, he finally calmed down, and was perfectly happy to take a nap while I dragged (not really) the older three to the pool for an afternoon of swimming.

3 comments:

Rindy said...

We love the nature park! (It's close to my house.) It looks like you had a good visit.

Rindy said...

We love the nature park! (It's close to my house.) It looks like you had a good, busy visit.

Aubrey said...

Yay, you got the pictures, I see?? on the sidebar? I hope they worked out for you guys. I had fun taking them. Let me know if you want any different edits!