First day of summer break! What we've accomplished so far.....
We all got dressed. (doesn't always happen)
Girls volunteered to clean the bathroom, and used half a bottle of Windex to do so.
Corben picked up his legos, then did it again, and again, cause he wouldn't look around to make sure he got them all.
Conviced the big kids, to ride their bikes/scooters with me as I pushed the 80+ pound stroller two miles around our cirlce.
Corben complained the whole way out the door, because he "hates the outside". Then loved every minute of riding the scooter at break neck speeds down the huge hills.
Rylissa showed me how awesome she is at riding bikes.
We finally met our neighbors that just moved in across the street. They were super friendly, and have two kids of their own... I think some cookies will be heading their way over as an official 'welcome to being my neighbor, let me shower you with goodies' offering.
Now we are preparing to babysit some friends for a few hours, then making some Fathers day gifts. I hope we can find stuff to do like this every day this summer, cause it's going to be a short one. (the kids go back to school on August 8, which means they get about 1 month and 3 1/2 weeks of summer.... I seem to remember them being a lot longer when I was a kid.
No comments:
Post a Comment