Translate

Straw-ba-ba-ba-ba-Berry

If you've ever seen the Strawberry Shortcake TV show, you'll get the title.... my girls love it on Netflix


Today, I ventured out on my own with just GPS directions to a place in Watsonville called Gizdich Ranch.  They had the promise of picking your own berries.  They had strawberries, and something called ollalieberries.  I've never heard of those, but I didn't pick any, I wanted the strawberries.  So off we went, on a 26 mile drive through fields and on some roads that had me questioning my GPS, but we made it.  It's a very out of the way ranch, and you literally don't realize your there until you are right there.  We grabbed buckets and got to pickin'.











Davin enjoyed it so much.  He would point at a red berry, then look at me for approval, then I'd nod, and he'd pluck it right off the vine.  Then he'd move on down the row.  We ended up with about 11 pounds of strawberries.  It only took minutes to get that much, I had to haul the kids in before they picked more than I had cash for!


We invited some neighbors along for the fun, I think they enjoyed themselves too.


Corben saw a sign when we first got there that said "Pie Shop".  He begged and begged me to buy a strawberry pie, so I went in, and picked up a hot fresh strawberry rhubarb pie.  He held it all the way home, and when we got home, we had hot strawberry rhubarb pie, and fresh strawberries for lunch.... well, except for Corben who took one look at the pie, and decided that even though he begged and begged, he didn't want any.  Stinker.

I am not a pie person.  I've never enjoyed pie.  I like pumpkin pie, but ONLY the filling.  I never eat the crust.  So I was shocked when I tasted it, and it was delicious!  I ate two slices..... cause I'm just that oinkish.  The girls loved the crust, but none of the kids ate much of the filling... oh well, at least the girls and Davin tried the pie.  In July, they do you pick raspberries.... I'm so there!



1 comment:

Rindy said...

Looks like tasty fun!