Translate

Fort

Saturday, was fort day.  As I was in the kitchen trying out my first ever set of freezer meals.... (okay freezer meal, I was practicing....) Tayzia and Davin somehow put together their very own fort.  It consisted of a few dirty blankets awaiting the washer, and all the cushions from the couch.... oh and the piano bench.  They were having so much fun in this little teeny tiny fort.  It reminded me of the days when I was little and I used to drape blankets over tables to make my own fort.  Or when I tried to make myself a princess bed by thumb tacking blankets in weird angles on the wall above my bed.  I wanted that whole curtain feel around my bed.... never got it, but I tried.  I would normally be very annoyed at the mess, but on that day, I just wanted my children to enjoy this small pleasure in life.





 Pretty soon, the news of the fort was spread, and the older siblings wanted in on it.  Tayzia didn't want them to mess up so I had the brilliant idea of a master fort.  I had them get all the blankets and sheets they could find throughout the house.



 Sorry, the picture is so dark.  But imagine if you will, not a spare bit of space in our living room.  Entirely covered in sheets and blankets.  We used clothespins to try and hold bits and pieces together.  We used an old card table, and kitchen chairs, to add dimension.  We left it up for most of the day, then slowly put it away, when it became apparent that it was no longer a fun adventure, but a tool for fighting.


I hope they enjoyed it though, because it was sure fun to listen to them play around in there.

No comments: