Translate

Christmas Is In The Air

The owners of our housing community decided to put on a fantastic Christmas themed party at one of the parks in the neighborhood.  I say fantastic because while it was very much like the many other children's Christmas parties we've attended, this one had ponies.... and snow.



They advertised the event as having snow, so I told the kids we'd go and see some snow.  They didn't believe me.  " It doesn't snow in California mom" was Corben's response.  Boy was he surprised when in the midst of the beautiful sunny park, there was a small pile of snow!  They ran around in it for a few minutes, but with no coats, gloves, and some in sandals, it just wasn't that much fun.  So we went off in search of other fun things to do.



It was advertised as a small winter wonderland, what they offered was amazing, because it was all FREE.  There was face painting, cotton candy, popcorn, cupcakes, balloon animals, pony rides, pizza and drinks, and horse and carriage rides.  Now, Tim was at home studying for finals, so I was on my own, so we didn't do a whole lot, but we started with cotton candy, which was a huge hit.


Then we moved on to face painting.  There were a total of 10 designs to choose from, I was pleased with all the choices, and I LOVED that Davin sat still enough to get his done as well.

Then I waited in line for balloon animals, and sent the three older kids to decorate and eat cupcakes.

Then it was time for the balloons.  This was by far my favorite.  I mean the guys making these things, for free I remind you, were making these amazing creations.  Guns with backpacks, massive head dresses etc.  So when Tayzia asked for a simple poodle... the guy looked kind of taken aback.  Really, just a simple poodle?  Okay them,
Then he was even more shocked when Corben asked for a simple sword....

But he was done when Rylissa just asked for a wand, and he couldn't help himself, he gave her some wings to go with it.  How sweet, can you tell she loved it?

Then we waited in the crazy long line for the pony rides.  None of the kids have done anything like this before, so it was a big deal.  I think we waited for about 45 minutes before it was Corben's turn.  Then Rylissa, Tayzia, and Davin got to go.  I was concerned about how Davin would be, but he loved it.  He couldn't stop giggling while he was on the pony.  They took the kids around (us actually, since I was holding Davin on the pony) about 5-6 times.  It was a good time.

Then it was time to get ready for our trip to Utah.  We weren't sure with the RIF and everything if we'd make the journey again this year, but we decided it might be our last time to see family on Christmas for a while, since we move this coming year.  So off we went.
This is my favorite way to see Davin while we drive.  Don't get me wrong he's an excellent traveller.  He was just sick.  He started coughing pretty bad just before the trip, so the poor kid was a bit miserable for the drive.
She's my super helper.  She gets things for Davin, helps him when he's fussy, so naturally, she sat next to him.  Corben remained in the back, plugged into his game boy for most of the trip, which was also fantastic, cause when he's bored, he lets you know!

This was a big adventure for Tayzia, now that she's in a booster seat, and not a car seat.  The first big trip where we had to trust that she'd keep her seat belt on.  She loved the freedom of being able to reach things she dropped, but did very well at staying put.  I think my favorite part of the trip, was when we gave her a toy mermaid doll to play with.  Well, next to her in the car is a small compartment.  She had some water, and filled the compartment so that her doll could swim.  We didn't discover this until probably a good hour or so after she'd done it.  Man, she had so much fun with that.  We couldn't get mad!  I wish we'd gotten a picture of it though.

No comments: