Translate

Feeling Busy

No pictures today, but soon.... soon! I'm feeling busy! It's been a very long time since I've felt busy. The primary is in charge of the church trunk or treat this year. Maybe not in charge of the whole thing, I think just the decorating. Anyway, they passed a sign up sheet around asking for volunteers to help decorate. I signed up, because I want to be a bit more involved (in hopes of making more friends so I stop being so darn bored). Anyway, a little over a week later I got an email saying that myself, and one other person signed up. Oh, and all the decorations the ward had have mysteriously disappeared from the basement, and no one knows where they are. We are okay to use a few spiders and tombstones from another ward, but other than that, well, we're on our own. I talked to the other lady, and she signed up to help put things up, and works during the week, so it's kind of on me. We were able to recruit another lady, who's been helping me pick up supplies, and put together some of the crafts. Did I mention that we have a very tight budget? About $30? Thanks goodness for pinterest. I found a ton of very easy, very cheap ideas to at least start up a new collection of decorations for the ward. We're making drippy candles from TP rolls, lanterns from old jars, eerie curtains from garbage bags (sounds weird, but looks cool) an banner from mini skulls and paper. My personal favorite, is the Coffin I built yesterday out of the box my new double jogger was shipped in. It's tall enough I can stand in it. I just have to paper mache the thing, and then paint it black. I'd love to keep it for myself, but I can't imagine moving that thing across the country, or world. So I'll donate it to the church, and then someday, make another one when we won't be moving all over kingdom come.

I got a new stroller! I gave up my other one in Oki, because I hated it. The wheel wobbled something terrible, and the balance was way off. It always felt like it was going to tip over backward. So I just gave it away. Maybe I should have sold it, but because I hated it so much, I figured I wouldn't want someone else to waste their money on it. Anyway, I bought a new one, and funny, it's from the same company but I LOVE IT. It's an instep, I can't remember, I'll find out the exact name. It's heavy as all heck, but the balance is great, there's no wobbling, the kids love it, and it rides so smooth. I've taken it out twice now, and so far I'm as happy as a clam. I think my only complaint is the board used in the back (the back rest) feels a little flimsy, and the complaints on the website were that if you fold it wrong, the boards snap easily. So I'm not folding it, just keeping it up in the garage.

I think that's it for now. Not too much exciting stuff.

No comments: