Translate

Home Sweet Home

I have TONS of pictures and stories to post, but for now, I just wanted to say.... I'M HOME! You know, vacations are great. I love going on vacation, but being away from home for an extended period of time, well for me, is hard. I was only away for about 3 weeks, and I'm just so happy to be home. My own bed, my own kitchen, my own bathtub! :D

When we left, we went the short way. That is it's only 860 miles, instead of 960! We were crazy, and attemptd the trip in one day. It worked, we got there, and we were all happy to be at Grandma and Grandpas. Since I was doing the return leg on my own, I opted for the longer way, and doing it in two days. I'm not crazy!

The first day, I drove the kiddos to St. George where I stayed the night with my super awesome cousin Shannon! (thanks again!!!!) We had a yummy dinner with her, and her sister (my other cousin that lives there) Katherine. We had I believe about 18 people in the house, only 3 at the time were adults. CRAZY. The night was absolutely fun, especially when somehow the upstairs toilet overflowed to the point where it flooded a very large portion of the carpet and rooms outside the bathroom. So with all these kids in the house, and one very awesome husband who came to the rescue (Katherine's....) the carpet was cut, pulled up, and the soaking carpet pads were taken to the garbage. During this time, snowcones were made for the kids, and Tayzia fell in the mud and had to take an impromtu bath to get it all off. It ended up being so fun, however all the craziness kept any of us from taking any pictures! I KNOW! So, when I go back up in Sept, to pick up Tim, maybe we'll get some pictures!

The long portion of the trip was the second day. It really ended up being very simple. You'd think driving over 600 miles would be hard, and it was very tiring, but the kids were so great! We had one roadside pit stop (Tayzia REALLY had to go to the bathroom) and only stopped 4 times after that, for bathroom breaks and a slightly longer lunch break. We had one small meltdown from Davin for about 15 minutes, followed by a slightly larger meltdown from Tayzia for about 20 minutes, but that was it. They eventually both calmed down, or went to sleep. We made it to Marina, where I immediately stopped, grabbed some groceries, so I wouldn't have to starve anyone today, and then came home. I had every intention of crashing, but my house looked terrible with all the crap from the car in here, so I spent two hours, and got almost everything put away. So at least our front room looks pretty now! I think the best part of getting home was taking a bath! Ahhhhhh can you just hear the relaxation in my voice?? WONDERFUL!

Anyway, we're home, we're safe, we're happy, and up next, photos and stories from the rest of our trip! Tim will possibly put some more stuff up from his work (cough cough cough uh, more like vacation... ;D )

Oh yeah, and on a side note, I got home, and discovered SOMEHOW I lost 6 pounds...... I wasn't even trying.... S-W-E-E-T!

No comments: