Translate

O-U-C-H

Poor Rylissa.

Today, while walking to school, she was hit by a bicycle. I was not there, so I did not see it. I also was not the person to help her get home. I'm kind of mad at myself, because when it happened, I was driving away. Luckily for me, there was another lady from our ward who was there, who did see it, and was able to bring her home to me. It seems that a young girl, on a bike that was a bit too big for her, wearing thick glasses, hit Rylissa while going down the hill. She knocked her down with her handlebars. She stopped, tried to help her up, and felt really really bad. I'm sad for that little girl, I'm sure she's feeling terrible right now. The lady from our ward helped Rylissa the rest of the way. When she got home she had a scraped knee, so I figured I'd clean her up and take her back, until I saw her hip. She has a large cut on her hip, and road rash all the way down her leg. Poor poor Rylissa. This is the worst injury she's ever had. No stitches, I'm pretty sure she won't need those, but she's scared, so today, she's staying home with me.

You know, every day, I drop the kids off on the path that takes them to the school. It's a dirt path, and it isn't very long, so I drop them off, watch them walk to the dirt, then I drive away. I could get out, and get Davin out and Tayzia and walk them down, but I figure that they are old enough to walk down, and then back up the path after school. But now, I sit here and feel so bad that I wasn't there to help her get up, to bring her home, it was someone else. I can't help but feel like I've been lazy, or that I'm being a bad mother for just dropping them off. How could I not be there for her when she was hurt and scared. At this moment, I'm just thankful that there was someone there that knew her, and could help her, but I can't help but feel like it should have been me. I should have walked with them. She's home, she's safe, getting cleaned up, but she's gonna have some nice scabs, and I'm sure tonight, it's going to hurt. My poor little girl.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You're not lazy and you're not a bad Mom. They are old enough to walk the path to the school by themselves :) It's just part of letting them grow up. They're going to fall and they're going to get hurt and you'll feel like you should never let them go again; but she'll be okay, perhaps a little more aware of kids on bicycles, but no worse for the wear. And they know that Mom will always be home to put them back together.

MaryAnn said...

Oh, poor Rylissa. :( Don't beat yourself up, you can't be there every time something bad happens to your kids (unless you want to keep them in a bubble at home, which is certainly up to you as their mother :D ). You're not lazy, you're giving them the chance to learn and grow!

Sarahie said...

Poor girl. Be gentle with yourself. She has her mommy comforting her now and I'm sure that is doing wonders for her. Also, she has learned that there are other people in the world who care for her and I think that is important too. I understand how you feel though. It is hard to not be there for your kids when bad things happen.