They're
Heee-re! (said in a voice similar to that of the girl in the Poltergeist movie)


I'm just waiting on the jar grippers and other various canning supplies. I have a couple bags filled with peaches just waiting to be made into jam!

This is my new dehydrator. It's beautiful isn't it?

I got to work quick! I've got mushrooms, peppers, and apples all being dehydrated right now. Tomorrow it's going to be potatoes!

This is one case of mushrooms, they shrink up so small, but will return to original size when I
reconstitute them, or put them in soups.

I have lots of uses for peppers, most of my trays are filled with these puppies!
I'm so excited about my new supplies, and can't wait to really get some good use out of them. In case you're wondering, dehydrating food is an excellent way to add to food storage, I didn't realize until I was referred to this website:
Check it out, she's got some great ideas, and motivated me to get into it too!
2 comments:
I hope you enjoy your dehydrator! We had one once and made beef jerky and chicken jerky with it. You can buy liquid smoke in the store to flavor it.
We ended up getting rid of it mostly because of lack of counter space. Your house if much bigger than ours so I'm sure you can find a place for it. Good luck!
Okay, I'm just going to ask, because I'm totally dumb when it comes to stuff that this...
How do you reconstitute stuff once it has been dehydrated? I have some dehydrated strawberries, and I have no idea how to make them into just strawberries again.
Help!
Post a Comment