Translate

FINALLY!

Ugh!
Seriously, UGH!

I was pretty sure I had strep when Thursday came, and I still had a sore throat (considering it started Tuesday afternoon). I figured it out a bit too late, my Dr. closes at 4, and It was a quarter past. At this point I wasn't eating or drinking, since it was like swallowing razor blades. Friday morning, just after 7am I called the doc. My doc is interesting. They don't take live calls. At first this annoyed me, but then I realized it's so they can screen calls, and take the patients that are in the most need of an appointment first. You leave a message, telling them your symptoms and they promise to get back with you within 72 hours (YIKES). Luckily for me, every time I've called, she's fit me in, and I like her, so it doesn't annoy me too much. I called, explained my symptoms, and that I'm a frequent sufferer of Strep. I was pleased when just an hour later they called back, and totally sweetly offered to just call in a prescription rather than make me come all the way in. What I didn't realize was that they wouldn't call it in, until they closed for the day....... after 4 pm. I wasn't able to start taking my meds until almost 7 that night. When you're swallowing razors, well, every minute counts! I assumed that I might start feeling better by Saturday afternoon, but I was wrong, in fact Sunday morning, still in agony I checked out my throat in the mirror, and it was WORSE.

Our home teachers came for a visit yesterday afternoon. I'm feeling lousy, I probably look lousy, and all I could think of was maybe I ought to get a blessing. The meds aren't seeming to work, and I'm sick. I can't be sick. I don't know about you, but in my house, if I'm sick, not much gets done. Tim gave me a beautiful blessing, and wouldn't you know it, within 30 minutes, my razor swallowing throat started to feel numb. For the first time in 6 days I was able to actually eat something substantial.

Is my throat better, no it isn't. In fact it's still sore, BUT I can eat, I can drink, and the body aches I've had every day are gone. I can do what needs to be done, and take care of the kids, and really that's what's important right. I'm positive by the end of the week I'll be 100%. I can't guarantee the kids will be, I'm sure it's a matter of time before they come down with it.... oh yeah, did I mention I've got pink eye too? Of course so far, my doc's answering service isn't picking up at all, so I can't even leave a message to get in to take care of this, but at least pink eye is painless!

2 comments:

Christina said...

I'm so sorry you are sick. I am too right now and after days of not feeling well, I now can't talk either. Ugh! I hope your eye gets better soon. Savy had that a month ago. No fun! :(

Sami said...

Thank Heaven for the power of the Priesthood!
I hope you feel better soon!