Translate

Ballet

On Saturday, Rylissa had her very first "real" ballet recital. I was so excited for her, and she seemed pretty excited too. After having a myriad of ballet teachers since she started almost two years ago, I was very impressed by Ms. Debra. She has been so great to the kids, and Rylissa just loves her. She put together a really great program. Each of her classes got to perform twice on stage, and they had separate costumes for each dance. We had some drama with the costumes though. She sent an email almost two months ago telling us which ones to order, and from which website to order from. To be sure we'd get the costumes on time, I ordered right after getting the email. Her first one arrived within two weeks, her second costume got here on Friday. Some of the girls still haven't received their second costume yet! So we ended up having a mother from one of the other classes make some gorgeous tutus, and honestly, I like those better than the original costume! I ended up making the hairbows for the girls, and that was a lot of fun too!Here she is in her first costume. I love the tutu! It's so light and pretty. Just being silly! This is the plan B costume, and I adore it! Not only did it end up looking so pretty, it will be fun for her to play dress up in! The recital was held at the Ryukyu Middle School, and her best friend Keira came to support her! Thanks guys! That was awesome!

Here she is with some of the other girls in her class. They were posing for a group shot. We couldn't get all the girls in the frame, so we have only the partial class.

This girl is kind of the assistant teacher. She's been going to the class to help Ms. Debra out I think. She brought roses for all the girls, Rylissa thought that was some pretty cool stuff! We tried to get her flowers, but on the day of the recital it was raining terribly, and Tim went to the Shoppette, and they were sold out of flowers, then he went to the flower shop, only to remember it was moved when the new BX opened, so he went there, but since they're currently revamping the parking lot, he couldn't find a parking spot anywhere, and wasn't willing to drag kids through the rain storm to walk a decent distance just for flowers. I'm glad she got one from her teacher!


Lissa with her rose!

Here's a shot of her whole class. We have the two dances on video, but they are both too large for Blogger to upload. Sorry! I'd love to share the dances with everyone, we'll try to get them on FaceBook, but no promises! She did absolutely wonderful! She's got some talent. Hopefully I can get her into a nice dance class when we get to California, she's great at ballet, and I'd love to see what she could do with some other styles as well! Good job sweetie!

No comments: