Davin is almost three months old now, and I'm now at the point where I can't stand looking at myself. I know, I know it sounds really mean and negative. I just had a baby for crying out loud! I know that it takes a while to lose baby weight. I know that it took nine months to put it on etc. I KNOW all that, but it doesn't make it any easier to see all my skinny clothes in the closet, and know I can't wear them. What makes it worse, is for some reason losing weight when nursing doesn't happen with me. If I want to lose it, I have to work almost twice as hard as when I'm not nursing. It's almost like my body creates calories out of thin air and packs them on. What makes it worse, is after I lost all that weight last year, I threw out all my "fat" clothes. So now, I only have a small number of clothing items that actually fit, and most of them are just ugly. I'm tired of feeling like a frump, so the battle will begin again.
A lot of ladies in our branch are doing the P90X workout. It's expensive, and looks really intense. I've been contemplating that for a while, and after researching it more, I'm not quite sure it's for me. It looks like it's more for those who are already in fairly decent shape, wanting to get ripped. The same guy who created that, also created the Power 90 system, which is similar, but not quite as intense (and half the cost). So I ordered it today, and hopefully it will get here shortly, so I can start working toward a smaller me. I've done it before, I can do it again. On that note, instead of posting frequently on this blog (because not everyone really wants to read about my weight loss struggles) I've created another blog. I figure if I report on there, and at least one person is reading it, maybe that will help me keep it up. Feel free to take a look and comment if you want. At least I'll be able to tell if the Power 90 really does make a difference in 90 days! Wish me luck! The new blog is called www.mammainmotion.blogspot.com
4 comments:
Angie let me know what you think about that work out system. Daniel has the p90x and it is too intense for me. I am having a harder time losing the baby weight this go around. I am really looking for something.
All I have to say is Amen. I need to lose the baby weight too and I can't wait to read your other blog. It's nice knowing that someone is in the same situation as me.
Good Luck Angie! I have the same problem with nursing. I think you are great to even think about working out when he his only 3 months! I was still sleep deprived, or felt that way at least!
I'm battling the same thing! And nursing does the same thing for me-I've lost MAYBE 5 lbs in the last 8 weeks. not cool. I will definitely be following your blog! Good luck!
Post a Comment