Translate

Grandma and Grandpa, and Goodies!

Tayzia is having the hardest time adjusting to the new addition in the family. Luckily, she seems to be really angry with me, and not at Davin. She likes to hold him, touch his hands, point out the features on his face. She loves her baby brother, but hates it when he takes up my time. It's what I expected, and I'm just so happy to have some help, to help calm her down when she does have a fit. She did however decide she could be a mommy too. The other day this is what I found..... She's wiping her baby, so she can put a diaper on. I didn't get a picture of it, but she also wrapped her baby in a pair of her pajamas, and carried it around like I do with Davin. I love it!
My parents arrived on Monday night and I am so excited! Sunday and Monday were rough. I purposely tried to do most of each day by myself, to see how I'd fair with four kids, and no help. It was tough. I kicked the kids out to Church on Sunday, because I needed the peace and quiet, I also had a great friend come and let me take a nap, but after dinner, it was just me again. After MaryAnn was kind enough to drive me around Monday morning, I spent the rest of the day with the kids by myself. It was fairly good until the big kids came home. Then it was chaos. It was a rough night. It's not easy having a newborn, and three older kids, when your spouse isn't around. Just taking a shower, or even using the bathroom has it's difficulties. I can't just leave Tayzia in the same room as Davin, because she can reach him, and that could be scary! So I have to plan things carefully. So it was a huge relief when mom and dad showed up late Monday night, and we've been having a blast ever since!Grandma and Davin


Grandpa and Davin

The kids LOVE Grandpa. When I say love, I mean it. They won't leave the poor guy alone. They are always crawling all over him. I almost feel bad for him, but I think he enjoys it! He only gets to really see them about once a year, so I think they're both eating it up!

We spent yesterday baking all day for some goodie plates. The kids love to help make cookies, and I'm usually rather grouchy about it, but not Grandpa! So they spent a lot of time cutting them out.....

Rolling them out.......

Messing around with dough scraps......

and frosting and decorating the cookies.

In the end this is what our trays looked like. Pumpkin bread, sugar cookies, home made almond roca, and Mississippi mud cake. Yum!

4 comments:

Parkes Family said...

HOLY COW! You made trat plates and you just had a baby?! You are super woman! We made sugar cookies the other night, but they're just not as good as yours! Could you please email me you recipe and any special directions that make it so good? PLEEEEASE?

Woodlands said...

Wow you are good!

Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Looks like tons of fun, I'm glad you have help now, I know how stressful kids can be...your little guy is adorable!!! Congrats again!!

Jay and Kara Barney said...

We really enjoyed these goodies, by the way. They were delicious and were gone in about a day.
Thank you soooooo much