Now on to Corben's Party! Oh my goodness there was some fun there! His teacher set up 5 stations for the kids to switch between. There was pumpkin seed counting, scarecrow making, bag decorating, leaf painting, and cookie/cupcake decorating. I was only able to stay for a little bit, so I took on the job of cookie/cupcake. The kids came in, and got to go to each station for 5 minutes with some clean up in between each one.
Corben and his finished scarecrow..... He posed for this picture especially for Daddy! Do you like it Daddy?
Each kid got to decorate one pumpkin shaped cookie, one small cookie, and one cupcake. There were tons of frosting choices, and candy choices, and all the kids were allowed to use as much as they wanted. So Corben piled on the M&M's. Can you tell? Frosting was everywhere, sprinkles were everywhere and the kids were VERY happy!
Pumpkin seed counting. I don't know much about this one, except the kids were supposed to pull out the seeds and count them by 10s. Corben has some issues with getting "gucky" and/or wet, so he opted not to reach in and pull out the guts. That's okay, he still got to have some fun there. I had to leave at this point, so I didn't get to see him paint leaves, or decorate his bag, but you could tell he just had a blast. He told me later he liked it that I could go into his class. That made me so happy, some day it won't be cool to have mom there.
On another note, Corben came home with a green yesterday (green means well behaved, and he didn't have any cards pulled.) It was his 10th day in a row of green. I am so proud of him. His teacher specifically told me about his very noticeable attitude change, and how he seems so much more positive and happy to be at school. Rylissa also came home with something special yesterday. She won kindness counts! I'm not exactly sure the details, but I believe it means that a child gets nominated because they're being either really good, or really kind. If they win (two kids per grade each week) the get their name called over the loud speaker, and then a special prize from the office. She got a coupon for some free ice cream. She was so excited! You know, I think I have some pretty good kids!
No comments:
Post a Comment