So, several weeks ago I went in for the routine glucose test. You know, the one where they make you drink this nasty sweet orange drink that tastes like soda but without the fizz? Then they take your blood after an hour? Well, this is my fourth time with this, so I figure I know a thing or two. When I was pregnant with
Corben I was told to fast from 7 pm the night before, until I went in the next morning, so I did, and had no problems. With
Rylissa my Dr in Alaska told me not to fast, so I didn't and my levels were just above normal (luckily I was on my way to Utah the next day, so instead of making me take the three hour test in Utah, they let me re-do the one hour one, and I fasted, and it was normal). So with
Tayzia, I was sure I knew what I was doing. The doc told me not to fast, but that I needed to eat something like eggs. So I did that instead, and it came back high, and I had to go have the three hour test done. It wasn't too bad, the lab on
Kadena has always been really good at finding my veins, and my results were normal. This time however, I decided rather than chance it, I would just fast, so from 7 pm, until the next morning I didn't eat or drink anything except water. My numbers still came back high. Not only that, they wouldn't let me come to the
Kadena lab to get the long test done. They said I had to do it at Lester. Now the last time I did anything at the Lester lab, I got stabbed, poked prodded four times in my elbow, with no luck, so they went to the backs of my hands... Yeah, they still never got any blood. I actually had to ask them to stop, because I was crying, and they were getting nowhere. So I was VERY nervous to do this, when I knew they had to take my blood 4 times. Luckily I was blessed, and it only took 8 tries to get all 4 vials of blood. Still not great, but it could have been much worse. I also found out that ALL my tests came back perfect, and I have no diabetes. Thank goodness!

I've had much worse, in fact my arm after I had the test done with
Corben was much worse than this, and they got it on the 2
nd try then! I just had to post my battle wound anyway, you know for sympathy! :) There was something nice about this particular lab visit. While I was away for four hours, getting poked, and prodded, a very sweet lady from church was at my house cleaning it for me. I got home, and my house smelled so good, and just sparkled. She even shampooed the carpet! Thanks so much
Christy, if only it could stay that way forever!
On another note, I was at the hospital again today, this time for something much more fun, another ultrasound. At 29 weeks, I had the big ultrasound done, and they discovered that a valve that connects the kidneys to the bladder (or something like that) was large, and it was allowing his urine to back up into his kidneys. So they needed to do another one at 32 weeks to see if it had corrected itself. If it hasn't, I guess it's nothing that's serious, it just means that he'll have to take some medication when he's born, until it does fix itself. They couldn't tell me today if it had or not, but I have another appointment next week, so I should find out then. They did however print me some pictures, (they'll do anything if you say it's for your deployed spouse!) and here's my favorite one!

So here he is, my sweet little boy, who should be here in about 6 weeks! We could even see a little hair on his head! He's got a great heartbeat, 10 fingers, 10 toes, and he's still definitely a boy! (in fact, she did print a picture of his manly parts, and he's DEFINITELY a boy!) According to his measurements today he's weighing in around 4 lbs 8 oz. Of course we
don't' really know how big he is yet,
Corben was supposedly over 7 pounds days before his birth, and he came out 5 lbs 9 oz! So we'll see!
2 comments:
Great ultrasound pic. I love it when they turn out that good.
Sorry about your battle wound! Glad the outcome was good though! That picture of your babe is too cute!!! Time flies!
Post a Comment