When we got home from school today, Rylissa told me her teacher had said that if you had a daddy or mommy away, you needed to write them a note. Now I don't know if she really said that or not, but Rylissa was positive she had to write her daddy a note. So she sat down and set to work. I just happened to be out mowing the lawn, when she came out with this, and read it to me. Now let me translate:
"This a September munth I wanted to keep daddy home anb (and) bo (do) a lot of things to do and not ever ever ever go to Alubama or Irak."
She sometimes mixes her b's and d's up, but for being only five and not having any help whatsoever, I'm pretty darn impressed with this note, and very sad for her too. She wrote the whole thing by herself, and then told me she really misses her daddy.

2 comments:
Angie, that makes me sad! Having daddy gone is so hard and I can't imagine having him gone this long. You are one strong and amazing woman.
What a tear jerker! I agree with Melissa, you are one strong and amazing woman!
Post a Comment