After what seems like AGES (really only about a day and a half), I finally got to talk to Tim! It was hard, because his Internet connection was terrible. We kept getting disconnected. However, it was so nice to hear from him, and it was worth the wait, and frustration of long pauses! When he left here, he went to Baltimore for a few days. He was able to do some sightseeing, and got some great pictures, which he promises to send along with a story behind them ( hint hint honey). Anyway, after being able to Skype with him twice a day for those two days, it was a rude awakening when he boarded his transport to take him over to the desert. I didn't get to hear from him for what seemed (to me) like forever! Plus we had the threat of a typhoon coming, which added to all that angst! Anyway...... Tonight I finally got to hear from him. He's currently at Al Udeid, which is in Qatar. Of course being the HUGE geography buff I am (NOT) I knew right away where it was......(cough cough). Okay, so I had to look it up on a map. Now I share my new knowledge with all of you. I've posted a large map of the Middle East, and Qatar, is surrounded by a nice dark square. That's where Tim is for the time being. Eventually he'll be heading toward Iraq, but we're unsure of when, and so I'll update you all when he arrives safely. Right now, he's sleeping in bunkbeds in a tent, and trying to shield his eyes from the blinding light outside. No really, he forgot his sunglasses and it's bright enough to "bleach your eyeballs"... that's a direct quote from Tim!
Translate
Tim Update
After what seems like AGES (really only about a day and a half), I finally got to talk to Tim! It was hard, because his Internet connection was terrible. We kept getting disconnected. However, it was so nice to hear from him, and it was worth the wait, and frustration of long pauses! When he left here, he went to Baltimore for a few days. He was able to do some sightseeing, and got some great pictures, which he promises to send along with a story behind them ( hint hint honey). Anyway, after being able to Skype with him twice a day for those two days, it was a rude awakening when he boarded his transport to take him over to the desert. I didn't get to hear from him for what seemed (to me) like forever! Plus we had the threat of a typhoon coming, which added to all that angst! Anyway...... Tonight I finally got to hear from him. He's currently at Al Udeid, which is in Qatar. Of course being the HUGE geography buff I am (NOT) I knew right away where it was......(cough cough). Okay, so I had to look it up on a map. Now I share my new knowledge with all of you. I've posted a large map of the Middle East, and Qatar, is surrounded by a nice dark square. That's where Tim is for the time being. Eventually he'll be heading toward Iraq, but we're unsure of when, and so I'll update you all when he arrives safely. Right now, he's sleeping in bunkbeds in a tent, and trying to shield his eyes from the blinding light outside. No really, he forgot his sunglasses and it's bright enough to "bleach your eyeballs"... that's a direct quote from Tim!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment