Tim's only been gone for two weeks now, and yet it feels like so much bad stuff has happened since then. Of course in reality, it really isn't that bad, but still, it always seems worse when you're by yourself. It all starts with the new van, though technically that happened while he was still here. After that, it just came pouring. I believe it first started with the typhoon that was supposed to hit. After spending lots of time preparing and securing everything, it ended up moving far enough South, that we only got winds. Then Tayzia broke Tim's computer. I was horribly stressed about that because, Tim's computer is the one with Skype. I tried installing it on mine, but mine is a piece of hud, so it wasn't letting me install anything. (Tayzia shut down the system, by pushing the power button, while I was on it. She pushed the button so hard, that it got stuck, pushed in, and I couldn't turn on the computer.) I did get the button fixed, but then the computer said we were missing the operating system. However, I was able to chat with Tim through Facebook that night, and we fixed it, so now we are free to skype. Right after that Rylissa got sick, and spent a day throwing up. That is always so much fun to me, because I get to do so much laundry. Then I spent the morning packing up some boxes to send to Tim (Did you know that at least from here, it's free to send packages to him??? I'm not sure about anywhere else, but I'm planning to send him a TON!!!!) On the way home from the post office I was driving down the road, when the car in front of me stopped. They didn't pull over to stop, they just stopped kind of diagonally in the road, so I couldn't just drive around them. So I stopped, thinking maybe there was a dog in the road or something. Then all of a sudden before I could do anything, they just reversed, right into us. I was so shocked that he was reversing in the middle of the road, with me right there, I didn't even think about honking. Well, needless to say there was a loud crunch. ( He told me he was trying to flip a U-Turn and didn't see me, even in my fluorescent van....) He pulled to the side, so did I. He was kind enough to let me use his cell phone to call MaryAnn so the kids could go play while I dealt with what was to come. Luckily it seems there's mostly just some cosmetic damage, but it's enough that it effects the opening of both the drivers and passenger door. There's also some loose plastic under the car that's affecting the steering, so it's going to have to go in and get fixed. You know, I was upset when he actually hit me, then I was okay. Through waiting for the MP's to come, then going to Security Forces to fill out a report, then going to the insurance company, all of that, no problem. It happens. No one was hurt, it just took time. The part that got me so mad, was when I came home, and found out I'd missed a call from Tim. I haven't spoken on the phone with him in days. I've barely heard anything from him, just a few words here and there because he's been so busy. That is what made me angry. I could have talked to him, but instead I was filling out police reports. Sigh.... The good news, is after that frustration, I stayed up late finishing the 6th season of NCIS and he called again, so we did finally get to talk.
Just so everyone knows, Tim is doing well. He has a nice roommate that he seems to like, and his co workers are amazing. He already feels like a welcome addition, and feels lots of support from his coworkers. He's been very busy, but he's having a great time. He says the food there is so good he's going to have to be very careful and watch his portions!!! I've put up his address on the sidebar, mail is always appreciated, even if it's just a note saying hi!
Now all I need is a slight break from the drama.
2 comments:
That is how it always goes. The minuet they leave everything falls apart. I think that is Heavenly Fathers way of letting us know how much we really need them. I am sorry and hope everything gets better since this is more than a weekened or two. We will keep you in our prayers.
Wow! Angie that is crazy! I hate days/weeks like that! I'm glad everyone is okay and that you were able to talk to Tim after all! What a help those phone calls make! :)
Post a Comment