Well, it's here. Today is day one of Tim's 6 month deployment. We were really blessed, because when he received notice that this was happening, they were sure he'd be gone within a week. Well thanks to the fact he couldn't get on a specific transport, he was able to spend some extra time at home with us. Of course that also had it's drawbacks, now he probably wont' be home until February. I need to get the calendar out and count out 180 days so I at least have an idea of when he might get home. It all depends on when they get his replacement in as well. Anyway, back to the main topic, Tim left early this morning to begin his journey to Iraq. I'm not sure when he'll get there. There will be a lot of stops, and possible training in other areas before he actually makes it to his final destination. He is under strict orders to send pictures and stories back, so I can update his time over there for everyone over here to read. We aren't sure how much time he'll get with Internet, and we don't know if we'll be able to webcam or not. I don't know when he'll be able to finally let me know that he's made it where he needs to be. We're not used to this, every time he goes TDY we at least Skype once a day. This will be very different. As soon as he get his address over there, I'll have it posted on the side, for anyone wanting to send care packages. He'll be at a base, but from what I understand they won't have much access to a lot of things we take for granted here. He'll let me know as the time goes what is and is not available. If you're interested, it'll be there.
On another note, I don't think this little guy is too happy that daddy left today. The entire drive to the airport and back was filled with TONS of Braxton Hicks contractions. I usually get these, but not until a bit later in the pregnancy. Hopefully this doesn't mean I'm going to have a rough last half, because it's been rough getting up to this half! However, no worries, we're all feeling pretty good, and making plans to try and pass the time without daddy more quickly!
3 comments:
Good luck to you! I don't know how you women do it. I would die! I admire your strength!
Hey Angie,
I hope all goes well while Tim is away. We'll keep you in our prayers. I have two things to tell you, first, I think your kids are beautiful and second, my favorite color is yellow so I LOVE your van!!!Take care
Good luck. I know women do it all the time, but I think it would be hard. Hopefully the time will pass quickly.
Post a Comment