Translate
Nakijin-Jo Castle
After the long afternoon at the aquarium, we decided to hit a castle ruin near where we were. It was sort of last minute. We knew we wanted to go, and it just seemed to work out just right after we were finished seeing the fish. This one was a paying site, so I'm glad we all had some extra yen. It was also right around closing time, so there weren't very many people there.
This is the Heirojo Gate, the main entrance to the Castle. One each side of the gate are some battlements, where the gatemen stood guard. It was restored in 1962. Right after you go through the door, there's a set of stairs just to the right, that takes you up to an area I would assume would be like a watch tower. Poor JD caught his foot, and got a nice gash on his knee. We didn't take a picture of that, because, well it looked pretty gross! He was a great sport though, and cleaned it up as best he could with the few baby wipes we had. We stopped at a Family Mart on the way home for bandaids, and now I can say I've been to a Family Mart. (Kind of like a 7-11 but Japanese)
Lots of stairs going up. They were in really good condition, making me suspect that they were either maintained, or added. We did find a trail coming down, that was called "original trail" that supports my theory of recently added stairs.
Here's a nice shot of the castle wall. We're overlooking the Shijimajokaku Ward. It is believed that the King's most important subjects lived here.
Tayzia felt so special, because she was allowed to wander in the grassy area.
Part of the castle wall, Tim wanted a shot with the sun behind it. I think it's pretty.
After that we headed over to Chilis for dinner. This was also a last minute decision, and we arrived rather late. We all enjoyed our meals. Tayzia really got into the coloring, if you couldn't tell. I think we made it home around 10 at night. We also realized with all our fun, we completely forgot about Corben's T-ball practice that night, and the birthday cake I had to make for the next day. Oops. T-ball can wait, cakes couldn't. Terrie and I were up pretty late baking the cake, and she helped me decorate it the next morning, and it was finished on time.... whew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment