It was a great way to spend my day today. Of course the rest of the day was spent trying to convince the kids to clean their rooms. Corben got his room pretty good, but Rylissa and I have lots of work to do. I think they have way too many toys, or maybe it's just that they have to many things with lots of pieces.
Translate
Super Saturday
Today was a fun day for me. The Relief Society put on a Super Saturday. Now this is the first time I'd ever heard of this, but apparently it is a day where you get to hang out and make crafts. It was a nice long afternoon of crafting, and my kids all played upstairs with the men who volunteered for the nursery the whole time! It was magical! Even Tayzia did well without me for several hours. Anyway, here's the crafty things I got to do today......
Rock magnets. These are clear stones, and we decoupaged fun scrapbook paper onto them. They were simple and fun, and I can always use more magnets for the kids artwork!
I love this. There is supposed to be a copy of The Living Christ in there, but we didn't have them at the function. But we took a regular frame, with a mat board in it, and used pictures of Christ around the mat board. It wasn't easy getting all those pictures to fit, without cutting off the crucial parts of the photos!
Probably my favorite activity, a vinyl lettering sign. My first ever experience with vinyl lettering. If you can't read it, obviously the white part says CHRIST, and the black lettering says "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord". I think I'll have it hanging up just above the Living Christ frame.
Last but not least, a family home evening booklet. Simple ideas, with some pictures. Laminated, with magnets on the back. Pop the pictures on something metal, and there you have it! This one isn't finished yet, because I didn't have much time to color all the pictures. There are LOTS of pictures to color.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congrats on the baby! Terrie told us a few weeks ago, and I've been waiting for you to post something about it. Also, I LOVE the frame with the pictures of Christ! What a fun Saturday!
Post a Comment