Translate

Childhood rite of passage

Well, it's happened, one of my kids has been stung by a bee. Poor Rylissa was running around as we were picking up Corben from school. She jumped up onto a cement block in the schoolyard, and apparently disturbed a bee. I was pretty impressed, she didn't cry too much, though I'm sure it hurt. It got her right on the big toe. Being the excellent mother I am, I froze, and couldn't remember what to do next, I kept thinking "I need a pair of tweezers". Luckily MaryAnn and Ed were walking with us, and Ed got down and removed the stinger for me. We picked up Corben, and made our way back home, 30 minutes after the sting her toe looks pretty normal, so I'm pleased to announce, Rylissa is not dangerously allergic to bees!

1 comment:

Haiku Amy said...

Tape a penny to bee stings for 15 min. It helps the swelling go down. It works!!