Translate

Spring Break

We did not do much out of the house over spring break. It's not easy with three kids, by yourself! I'm sure most people understand. Well, the first day it rained and rained. The next day it was sunny. We had some friends over, then went to the park with some other friends. Wednesday it rained again! Thursday we took some friends to Monakids Jungle and horsed around for a few hours. Friday we ran errands, and mommy had a friend over. We said we were going to work on our quilt squares, and we did.... a little bit... mostly we just watched Twilight. Overall it was a nice week. We had some major battles with the kids, it's hard when they are used to being at school, to take such a long break. This summer is going to be interesting..... Corben learned to make his own peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, which is great, because he doesn't eat anything. So now if he doesn't want to eat the dinner I cook, he can make himself a sandwich, and I don't have to make two meals. We're still working on the trying of new foods, but he is so positive he'll hate everything, he barely puts it in his mouth, and he almost pukes. It's very frustrating.
We got to go see the F-22 Raptor that was on display. Tim and I toured Ewards Air Force Base about 7 years ago, when this aircraft was still very hush hush, and we got to see it then, but we weren't allowed to take pictures. Now we can, and it's a very beautiful jet.

We had a wonderful game night with friends. My brother's family introduced us to the game Settlers of Catan years ago, since being here I've met three other family's that not only play the game, but love it like we do! Yay! Game nights are always great!

1 comment:

Lizz said...

I love Catan. We play it all the time on the computer and now on Nick's X-Box. It's one of our favorites.