Translate

Easter Saturday/Sunday

Last year, Tim and I decided to change up our Easter traditions a little bit. I know we didn't come up with the idea ourselves, but I can't remember who it was that gave us the idea. Anyway, we decided that instead of having the Easter bunny visit on Easter, we'd do it the day before. That way, on Easter Sunday, the kids can focus more on the real reason for Easter, instead of how much candy and things that they got. It worked pretty nicely. So Friday night the Easter Bunny came and set out the wonderful presents for the kids. I like the idea of new church clothes at Easter. I do new dresses for the girls each Christmas too. I'm a sucker for pretty dresses. Saturday morning, the kids got up, and found their baskets. We only have video of what happened after that, and it's pretty large, so it would take FOREVER to upload. Needless to say they were very excited. Later we had an egg hunt. The EB hid eggs all over our yard, and the kids went crazy finding them. When they hit the limit ( 10 per kid) they helped each other find the rest of the eggs. Even Tazers got into the spirit of things. The rest of that day was dedicated to yard work. Lots and lots of yard work.


I LOVE this picture of Corben. He likes to cheese it up for the camera, here he's just being Corben.
In an attempt to get Tayzia to smile for the camera I started making noises and faces, and she started copying. So here she is puffing out her cheeks.....

This is my FAVORITE face she makes. She does this all the time, usually when she wants me to put something in her mouth. It's so precious.
I'm our branch choir director, and we were supposed to sing in church. It's been interesting. We have a fairly small branch, and we don't have much participation. We have about 4 people besides our pianist and myself that regularly show up. So in choosing our Easter song, I couldn't' find anything for just women (that's all that show up). I was able to find a very beautiful song, but it needed men. I had a nice discussion with our branch president about what could be done to increase participation, even if just for this one song. Well he really came through, and so yesterday we had 6 men up singing with us. I have no idea how we did, it was a really rough few weeks of practicing, but the fact that we were able to get something together was so wonderful! I've discovered this great love of singing. I never had that before. I have always loved music, but I never thought about singing until I joined a church choir. Now that I'm the director, I find I love it even more, because I can help set a tone for a meeting. Easter is such a wonderful time, and I loved that we could sing about Christ and the sacrifices he made, so that we could be happy not only here on Earth, but in Heaven some day. It was a beautiful Easter Sunday for us. Happy Easter to everyone!

No comments: