Translate

Callings

I should start by saying what a wonderful week this has been. It flew by so fast. There was so much going on. We got to not only dine with an Apostle, but we got to listen to him answer questions. It was a magnificent evening. I got to make cakes for some very special people, for their special days, and it was fun. I even got to watch a gymnastics competition for a friends daughter, and boy was that great. I think however, that the best part of this week happened this morning. We were called in by one of the counselors in our District Presidency. He wanted to talk to Tim. Now we knew at the time that our Branch President was deploying, and that they were re-organizing, but we also knew that Elder's quorum needed new people, they need a new clerk, and a new Branch Secretary. So we were thinking along the lines of clerk. Well, we were both surprised and shocked when Tim was called to be the 2nd Counselor in the Branch Presidency! Wow. We definitely weren't expecting that. Tim was happy to accept, and I was happy to support his acceptance. I'm aware that Tim will be gone on Sundays, and that we'll have to drive separately, I know he'll be busy, he won't be able to sit with me and the kids during Sacrament. I know that there will be meetings, and things that will require a lot of time. However, a lot of that I'm already used to. I am usually at church with the kids on my own because of Tim's school schedule, or because he's TDY. I'm used to him being away a lot for work, and I think that while it will be a challenge, it will also be a blessing. We're both very excited for the experiences ahead!

3 comments:

The Caldwells said...

HE will be very good at it also!! He has some big shoes to fill, but there is no doubt in my mind that he is the right person for the job for the time being!

Christina said...

Wow! That is huge! You guys will be so blest, though!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS........ what a great calling for you and your family.