Translate

Movie Theater Field Trip

This week I got to go with Corben on a field trip. The rule at his school is that you can chaperone any field trip, but you cannot bring any other children with you. I find this strange because I swear I remember going on trips with other kids parents, and seeing their younger siblings with them. Of course that all happened many many many years ago, and I'm sure rules/times have changed. Anyway, I was able to pawn the younger two kids off on a friend so that I could go. The plan was the kids would walk to the movie theater on base, and then watch Horton Hears a Who and walk back. I decided I'd go on this one for two reasons, I wanted to go on a trip with Corben at least once this year, and because Corben has some issues with movie theaters. When he goes to movies with us, he usually cries until the movie starts. It's dark, it's noisy, and I think he's a Little afraid. Once the movie starts he's fine, but I wanted him to have something comforting there with him, in case he got scared. Here's Corben walking with his buddy Delmus. I'm not sure if they're friends in class, they didn't really talk at all, but right behind him was his really good friend Ryleigh, and he wouldn't stop turning around and talking to him, it was so cute.
Here he is, in his booster seat smiling, just a few seconds later he was covering his ears, giving me scared looks. I think he was glad I was there.

After getting in our seat, Delmus' dad showed up to watch the movie with him, so Corben and I moved back a row, you can see Corben in the back on the right. This was just after all the snacks were passed out, and shortly before the movie started. I'm not sure if all the kindergarten classes went, but there were a lot of people there. After the movie, we were up, and out the door on the way back to school. It was really fun. I hope that I can have more opportunities to chaperone, maybe not this year, but maybe at our next school. I'd love to do more, while the kids still think it's cool to have mom around!

No comments: