Translate
Just Some Thoughts
So, I've been wondering how much I actually hinder my children in their development. I only wonder this because neither of them seem to know how to do much of anything besides play. Well, no they know how to do things, but they don't. You see, I would hear that kids can vacuum by the age of five, or unload the dishwasher, or help with folding clothes, but I'd watch my kids try to attempt these things, and it would usually end in frustrations for me and them. So to my surprise, my sweet little 16 month old daughter, has two chores. I'm not kidding, two chores. She is responsible for throwing her own diapers into the trash, and she loads the dryer. It happened by accident. One day Corben told Tayzia that the diaper she was holding was garbage, and Tayzia walked it into the kitchen and threw it away. She's been doing it ever since. The other day she followed me into the laundry room, and was crying, and just needing some attention, so I handed her some wet clothes I was holding and pointed to the dryer. Sure enough, she stuffed them in, and boy does she enjoy it. So why is it that my baby has chores, and I can't seem to get my older two to do theirs? Is it because I always assumed they were too small, or two young, or they couldn't possibly be able to figure it out? Well, I have living proof that they probably could do a whole lot more than I've been giving them credit for, so I guess I should start expecting more. So, wish me luck on teaching my kids to do more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ang,
You are too cute! I bet you didn't know, but playtime is learning for kids! I am glad your little girl has chores. Don't sweat it too much. I would give your kids easy chores like dusting, or sweeping. Even if they don't do a perfect job they are learning to be responsible. Love you.
Post a Comment