Corben is in Kindergarten this year, and Rylissa is in a pre-school on another base. This proves to be a bit tricky on mornings when both kids need to be at school, because they start at roughly the same time. So it's very lucky that MaryAnn's kids are in the same boat, well sort of. Her daughter is in 1st grade, and her other one is in Rylissa's class. So on morning when the girls go to preschool, one of us drives them, and the other walks the older kids to the elementary school. Today it was my turn to walk the kids to school. We're walking along, Corben is following slowly, but excited to see his bud Jonathan. Kimmee starts a conversation with me about her friends, and it ends up with her telling the story of her friend who always has to go to the school nurse. I laugh and say, "well I'm so happy that so far Corben has never had to visit the nurse."
Oops.
after getting home from my many errands of the day, I pull out my stuff to start making the giant cakes I need to have made for tomorrow when the phone rings. It's the school nurse. Corben it seems has a 101 degree fever, and is very sad and sick. Can I please come and pick him up right away. I rush to the school, and find my sweet little boy, looking so sad and sorry on the cot in the nurses room. He takes one look at me and bursts into tears. It's all I can do to keep myself from crying, because he looks so very sick. My poor little boy. Due to the rules at the school, he won't be going back until he's had a temperature under 100 for 24 hours. So tomorrow is out, and possibly Friday. At the moment he's cuddled on the couch trying to watch a movie, mom is trying to make cake, and keep Tayzia from bothering him, and Rylissa is trying to make him feel better. Lucky boy to have so many people to love him while he's sick!
1 comment:
:( Keira walked so slowly today without Rylissa, she was so sad. Maybe tomorrow morning we'll have to kidnap Rylissa for our walk to school...or I could send Kimmee on her own! Feel better soon Corben!
Post a Comment