I highly suggest this activity to anyone out here that wants a thrill for a few hours! Good Times!
Translate
Forest Adventure
Today, Tim and I made the trek to Forest Adventure. I've heard about this place from a few people, but not much has been said, just that it was fun, and you go on zip lines through the trees. Well, they were right, it is fun and you do go on zip lines through the trees. But it's more than that, it's AMAZING and GREAT and FUN and DANGEROUS and you will find yourself screaming!
This is Akiko, she was our instructor. She was so cute. She would apologize for what she thought was poor English, but she was quite fluent. She was hilarious. We found ourselves cracking up at almost everything she said. She was very good to teach us how to go through the course safely, so we wouldn't fall and die (her words!).
Getting our harnesses on, really tight. You can't be shy here!
You can't go through the park without trying to go upside down, I mean what's the fun in flying through the air high off the ground, without going upside down? So Tim played some Spiderman while flying through the trees.
Can you see how high up we are?
Tim getting ready to go!
Not everything was flying through the air, some things were there for fun, but I think to give you a little breather, like this net bridge.
Look Ma! No hands!

This shot needs some explaining. Up to this point, we're attaching ourselves to lines, then sliding down and landing in woodchips. This one is called the Tarzan drop. Yes drop. You attach yourself to it, then step off the platform. You drop, stop, then swing into a large rope net. You drop far. I was determined to just go, if you sit and look down, and think about it too long, you'll psyche yourself out. So I just went, and screamed bloody murder! You drop FAR! at least it seems far when you're doing it, not when you're watching it! Anyway it was the biggest adrenaline rush I've had in a while! Tim did it too, but he had the camera, he didn't scream like a girl though, just me.
This was us on our way back to the car, you have to walk up a path, and every now and then there's the view of the Ocean, it was really pretty.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That looks like a lot of fun! I've been zip lining once and it was a thrill! Very fun! I think the net bridge looks the scariest! :)
You are very brave! I think I would have been screaming the whole time! Blake did one in Costa Rica and said it was a blast too.
isn't that place a blast?! I only wish it opened sooner and I could go more than once. Happy new year!
~shiloh
I'm glad you guys had such a blast. We loved it too. It's kind of fun to just go together too to do something crazy. I'm glad you have been able to help Maryann out too.
How fun! I never heard of this while we were there. It looks like you had a great time.
Post a Comment