I am so excited. My friend who is a diving instructor took me diving a few months ago. During the dive she took pictures, and she got them to me yesterday. It is so cool! Tim and I both certified as open water divers back in Alaska. When we got here, I got pregnant, so diving for me was out. Tim's been a few times, and I have a whole disk full of pictures of him, but this post is about me! (
hee hee hee)

Here is a sea snake. These puppies are very poisonous. Usually they come out at night, but sometimes you see them during the day. They are attracted to light. They are like most anything else that's really dangerous, if you leave it alone, it will leave you alone. It followed us for a little bit, but kept it's distance. They are quite beautiful.


The day we went diving, it was raining. So we didn't have the most clear view of the ocean.
Apparently when it rains, and you are underwater while it's raining, the raindrops will fall into the ocean, and you can still see the raindrop shape, even though it's water, hitting water. I was excited to see that, but the rain stopped once we were ready to go under. Hey mom, do you know why that is?

Smile for the camera..... Okay, well just look at the camera!

All in all it was a really fun dive. We were under for about an hour.
Apparently I'm a good breather so I didn't use up my air very fast. Nice to know! I can't wait to get out and dive again.
2 comments:
That's really exciting. Jay and I can't wait to get certified and head out. We love going snorkeling but know it will be a lot more fun diving.
-Kara
What an exciting adventure. I get freaked out snorkeling so to me, you are a brave women. Especially coming across that poinsonous snakey thing. Ahhhh!
Post a Comment