Translate

Accomplishments

For most of my life I've been a pretty healthy person. Growing up I was always small, and after Jr. High I added some curves. I was still in pretty good shape though. I danced, did marching band, basically I stayed active. Looking back I think I looked pretty good. I'm sure I didn't think so way back when, but of course if we knew then what we know now.......
So after getting married, I packed on a few, but still, I was in fairly good shape, then I got pregnant. Oh boy! I don't think I would have gained so much with my first if I hadn't craved all those chocolate covered chocolate donuts (yummy!) Of course, I didn't get huge and after Corben was born I started to drop the weight. Of course, it didn't help that we were surprised by an unexpected pregnancy, before Corben was even 3 months old! So add another set of baby pounds on top of the original set of baby pounds! Holy Cow! Eventually I dropped a sizable amount of weight, just to gain it all back with baby # 3!
So what's the point? I'll tell you the point. I am now proud to report that I have indeed started my descent back into a smaller size. Since Tayzia was about 1 week old, I've dropped 27 pounds! Some of that of course is weight that just naturally comes off after having a baby, so I'm really starting my countdown from about 4 weeks ago, when I really started putting some effort into the weight loss. So since four weeks ago, I'm down 14 pounds. Today I succeeded in my most major workout to date. 1 hour 15 minutes, 9,410 steps, and 3.56 miles. I walked to the post office and back. I plan to do this little jaunt every M W and F while the kids are in school. (Anyone want to join me?) I'm hoping by Saturday I'll fit into that formal I'm working towards, especially since the ball is Saturday night! Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Haiku Amy said...

Good Job Ang!! I wish I had your motivation. Maybe I can find some when I no longer fit any of my clothes. (I am dangerously close)

Jay and Kara Barney said...

I'm so glad you sent me a message. I love your blog. I would love to walk with you. I haven't figured out a good time to hit the gym since Tayson started school because the old time was kind of conflicting. Do you head to the Post Office right after you drop him off? Any way, let me know.