Translate

March

March was kind of busy!  We had a bowl-a-thon to raise money for the upcoming MPOY banquet (Maintenance Professional of the Year).  We were able to get a spouses team together, and we bowled ourselves a fun game.... maybe not super great, but it was super fun, so it doesn't matter how our scores were!






 We had Corben's eyes tested again, and sure enough, his prescription changed enough we ended up needing to get him some new glasses.  I'm kind of thankful that we had to get him new ones, his old ones really didn't fit his face that well, and they were getting loose.  They were cheap ones from an online glasses shop, so we weren't out a ton of money.  We found him some nice ones, and he looks quite dashing.



 Tayzia and Daddy got to go on a special date to a daddy daughter princess ball.  Rylissa was supposed to go, but some almost 12 year old, teenage attitude came out in force, and after a few warnings, it didn't go away, so she didn't get to go after all.  Tim said that there was no one there older than about 9 anyway, so she probably wouldn't have had much fun anyway.  Tayzia had a blast though.


 This kid turned 13.  I don't know where the time has gone, but it really shouldn't move so quickly.  He didn't get much for his birthday, since he's developed a bad habit of stealing things from our room.  Things like my kindle, my 3DS, snacks, and money.... yeah.... so he is learning the hard way that when you steal from mom and dad, birthday presents don't tend to be either big, or super fun. He still had a good day though.




Star Wars art book


Darth Vader emotions poster


Star wars t-shirt


His other big birthday present, well, I call it a present, but really it's just a big decision, is that Corben is going to be homeschooled.  We are pulling him out of school just as soon as we get set up in the Fairbanks homeschool program.  It's a big change for both him, and myself, but after battling schools for well over a year and a half, and STILL not getting the help I need, to help him succeed, I'm going to attempt homeschool.  I have some great friends here that sat down with me and walked me through some of the programs they use.  I'm scared to death, but a little excited too.  I keep feeling like maybe, just maybe, this will be the answer to some of the struggles we've had with him lately.  Maybe, just maybe the bad attitude, the constant fighting, and stealing, and overall bad behavior, might just start to change, when he doesn't have the added stress of always feeling like he's in trouble over grades, and homework, and need to fidget, and such.  Wish us luck!

EASTER!!!!!  Easter happened, and while it was a little more sparse this year, the kiddos were very happy with what the bunny brought them.  New books, and new clothes.







Someone looks great in her rainbow colored dress!


No comments: