Translate

London Part 2

We woke up a little later than we'd wanted to, but really, it wasn't too bad.  We got ready to go and hopped the train that would take us to Baker Street.










We got out of the underground and up onto the street, and had no trouble at all figuring out where it was.  There were so many people out waiting in line already.  We meandered over, picked up our tickets, and waited our turn to get into the building.  It was interesting, small, tight, and only so many people could fit in there at a time, hence the wait.  Really it was just a mish-mash of things that were in his books.  I personally haven't read any of his books, but I've really enjoyed the movies, and BBC tv series.  It was still fun.  Rylissa really enjoyed it, Davin, well, he was just plain obnoxious.





I discovered that British Dr. Pepper is extremely tasty.  Maybe it's the real sugar they use to make it, I don't know, but I couldn't get enough.

After the museum we started the hunt to find a place to eat.  We found ourselves, quite by accident in Regency Park, and took a stroll through there.  There were some places to eat here, but no one seemed to want what was on the menu, so after spending time there, we found a pizza place and all sat down for some lunch.  After we'd had our fill (mine didn't taste very good at all....) we left to find another underground stop so we could go and find some more landmarks.  We found one, and this is what we saw as we came up the stairs.....






Love the double decker bus.  This one was driving a wedding party around.


For some reason, I had always thought that Big Ben was just a clock.  I didn't realize that it was attached to a whole building!  Why didn't I know that?  I have no idea.  I've never really cared much about London, at least not like I did about Scotland and France, so maybe that's why.





Then we saw Westminster Abbey

It's rare to see these three getting along.... today was a great day for that.





Buckingham Palace was next.

Then it was off to find the Underground so we could make our way back to the apartment.  We were getting up extra early to get to the train station so we could head to the airport and make our way home.



souvenirs anyone?






We're getting really good at riding the underground!  The kids even have the "stay to the right" on the escalators down so well, we didn't have to remind them!

No comments: