Translate

A Mash-up of Big Stuff

Well, our first big day was Corben's birthday.  This guy turned 12.  I can't believe we've gotten to this point.  I have a feeling it's going to be a crazy ride from here on out.

Since he turned 12, which is one of the "big" birthdays, we offered to throw him a party.  He opted to go bowling with his four closest friends.






A bunch of crazies.... seriously!


Getting some tickles from dad.  It was unclear whether or not Tim would make it to the party.  We held an evening party, and that week Tim was part of an exercise that had him working nights.  The guys he worked with worked it out so he could slip away for two hours.  It was great to have him there.



I wasn't kidding when I said a bunch of crazies!  Poor Zac chipped his tooth doing this move. Thank heavens his dad is a dentist!  


Corben wanted a Lego Captain America cake.... I haven't done the whole cake thing in a while, and I wasn't quite up for a lengthy cake process, so we compromised with this.  He was happy, I was happy, and it tasted great, so it was perfect.

Next up was a birthday for the next in line.  Rylissa turned 11!


 Everyone had the day off, on her birthday so we all went to lunch.  She chose Chilis, and wanted a real meal, so she ordered the steak.  She LOVES steak, like me.  She's all carnivore.  Sadly, the steak wasn't that great, and she only had a few bites.  (I had the steak too, and I really don't blame her, it really didn't taste very good).

After lunch I took the girls to the German theater where we saw Cinderella.  So cute, and the girls loved it.


Then it was present time...... She was overloaded with Monster High.  She's not complaining!  Her big gift, which I ordered well over a month ago, still hasn't arrived, and that bums me out big time. We got her, her very own set of Scriptures, and scripture bag.  I just hope it arrives before we move.  











This was a from scratch chocolate cake with chocolate ganache.  The cake was good, I wasn't a fan of the ganache.  That's okay, she loved it!


And finally.... we have Easter.  Saturday morning was crazy, and the bunny forgot to come... but when the kids were upstairs cleaning their rooms, he snuck in and set up.







I was having second thoughts on this dress, and almost took it back.  I didn't think it was her.... I was wrong.  She LOVES it, and she's so pretty in it.  The bunny did good.... real good....


This guy is happy, the Easter bunny brought him the last Percy Jackson/Jason book.  He's already almost finished.  I LOVE that he's started to read more.  I can't wait to find more books for him to devour.


No comments: