Now, we have two children in the double digits! Lissa turned 10. She had a pretty normal day at school. Davin and I took her class some cookies, and she got to present her science fair project to us while we were there. We had tacos for dinner, and she loves tacos. Then she got to open presents.
Money from the grandparents (she used it to get a doll carrying case, and a buble wand)
She finally got herself a Monster High doll. They're really funny looking, and I'm not sure if she'll get another one. She loves it though, and won't stop playing with it.
She got a new alarm clock... this one was special though.... because....
I holds an iPod! We picked her up her very own iPod, because she loves music so much. She keeps turning on the radio in her room, but the problem here, is that Germany doesn't censor, and so songs that might be clean in the states, aren't here. Not only that, even 'clean' songs aren't really clean, and many songs on the radio any more, we'd rather the kids not be listening to. This is a win, win, we can help her choose songs appropriate for her, and she can listen to music in her room and we won't have to worry about it at all! She was so excited, if you can't tell. And now, we're dealing with the fact that she has earphones in her ears. All.The.Time.
I've taken a break from cake baking/decorating. I can't seem to get the temps in my oven to work the way I want, and food is either over done, or underdone. Plus, it's just easier not to, and poor Rylissa had to deal with a bakery cake. She actually didn't mind at all, the kids love the commissary cakes, so they were all super happy.
Making a wish
Happy birthday sweet Rylissa! We're so happy you're a part of our family.
No comments:
Post a Comment